Corporate Advisory Council
AISES’ Corporate Advisory Council (CAC) is a professional association of corporate representatives who are actively striving to help AISES meet its mission of increasing the number of American Indians in science, engineering, technology and related fields.
The CAC works to provide advice and counsel for the AISES Chief Executive Officer and staff regarding programs, activities and general management of AISES. The CAC supports AISES’ Board of Directors in long-range planning such as:
- Establishing AISES goals, objectives and realistic schedules for them.
- Developing AISES organization/management structure necessary to achieve goals and objectives.
- Developing long-range strategy to achieve goals and objectives.
- Reviewing AISES status as requested by the Board to assist in appropriate upgrading and improvement of objectives, structure and strategy.
- Assisting AISES in recruiting and developing additional Corporate Advisory Council members
The CAC is also engaged in demonstrating support for AISES’ student members by:
- Providing scholarships, internship programs and employment opportunities.
- Participating in the National Conference via sponsorships, the Career Fair, presentations, etc.
- Supporting student chapter activities in their local areas.
- Participating in other AISES activities, e.g., Leadership Conference, Science Fair, regional conferences, etc.
The CAC links AISES to the corporate community by:
- Providing guidance concerning corporate viewpoints related to engineering and science research, e.g., current/projected employment trends, critical skills, etc.
- Developing support for AISES consistent with individual company capabilities, including financial contributions, in-kind gifts and human resources as appropriate.
- Channeling concerns of AISES to the corporate community and vice versa.
- Providing liaison between AISES and non-Corporate Advisory Council companies with a view toward developing additional support of AISES and its programs.
- Assisting the AISES Chief Executive Officer and Business Development Director in fundraising efforts through networking and participation in fund-raising visits as requested by AISES.
- Facilitating effective public relations for AISES activities via coverage in company publications, trade journals, etc.
The Council typically meets twice per year, both times in conjunction with AISES events, to allow members to meet, to participate in the event and to interact with students. The first meeting is held in the spring, usually with the Science Fair or the Leadership Conference. The second meeting is held in the fall at the AISES National Conference.
AISES’ CAC is chaired by